Sunday, May 15, 2011

Untitled

Chloe D's post inspired me to write a blog on music! Sooooo basically, I have been listening to this song on repeat for a while now..haha. Its called "Best Love Song" (feat Chris Brown) by T-pain. The beat is SO catchy. But I am puzzled by the lyrics. Click HERE for a link to them.

These lyrics are EXTREMELY simple. Listening to the song, I thought how cute it was (it is about writing a love song) and how pumped up it got me. Yet when I see it actually written out...I am embarrassed! Most lyrics are repeated multiple times, words like "gotta," "touchin', " "wanna" occur often. I am not saying that is bad! Sometimes shortened words go well in songs. What does the kind of music you listen to say about YOU?

One lyric really stumped me. It goes "homie kiss your girl, shorty kiss your man." What is a homie? And shorty? Can't we use better vocab here!
Better think twice about what I listen too...

1 comment:

  1. I've always been taught that what you put into your mind comes back out in some way. Either your speech, mind, choices, or anything. Also, I wasn't raised with a whole lot of music other than classical and Christian music. Therefore, those are the styles of music that I listen to. Now, in high school, after having been exposed to other forms of music like rap and hip hop, I am disgusted by what I hear. So, I don't listen to it. I also find songs like the one that you describe as uncreative and not overly wholesome. Therefore, I still don't listen to that music.

    ReplyDelete