Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The End. Or Just the Begning?

I do not like to think of this as my last blog post. Blogging on anamericanstudies.com has honestly done so much for my impressionable brain! Most importantly, it has taught me to become a stronger writer. I have learned shorthand techniques as well as how to summarize information efficiently. For example, on my post written on May 11th called Black Sox Scandal, I was proud that I took a complicated historical event, and wrote a crisp and to-the-point blog post. I picked out the important information during my writing process. This concept of writing takes a lot of practice, but I feel I have mastered this skill during 2nd semester.

Blogging also kept me updated on current events. For example, in my Golden Gate Bridge...Asking for Suicide? post, it all started by an article I saw on the homepage of MSN. Being an active blogger, it is crucial to be involved and knowledgeable of our worlds current state.

Finally the moment you have all been waiting for!! Doc OC and Bolos, Please read the blog called Tokenism, posted on March 7th. I love this post not only because I am super familiar with its contents, but because it lead to a great discussion, of 3 comments from my classmates! I thought deeply into the issue, and created an original idea along with linked photos to support my case.

American studies has been such a fun ride. I am truthfully so sorry that it has to come to an abrupt end. Let this blog live on forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Sarah E.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    Nice review of previous posts. The more specific you can talk about the writing process, the better!

    ReplyDelete