Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Grand Finale

Junior themes were turned in this week (well... I HOPE yours were turned in!) and it is honestly such a relief. Its amazing how much there is to learn about every little topic, yet during this project, I truly did realize there is a way to "over-research."

Ask me anything about television in the 1970's and I'm sure I know it! That is a great feeling. On the other hand, after weeks and weeks of reading materials surrounding the same subject line, I am more than ready to move on to The Great Gatsby!

Looking back, I liked the Junior Theme project. I felt it gave each author "wiggle room" to test the limits of their knowledge. Also, I felt that being able to choose your own topic, benefited not only your paper, but also everything you took away from this project.

If I were to do this again, I would change two things. First being, to take full advantage of library time. Second being to spread out the actual writing process over a couple days (suggested 3 or 4) instead of 1 or 2.

I am really proud and excited that its all done!!!

1 comment:

  1. WAHOO WE DID IT!! And the fact that you can look back and change certain work habits shows that they were good things- it seems like you learned about your topic and about how to work effectively. Junior Theme was tedious, but it was well worth it. Overall, it was a very positive experience!

    ReplyDelete